Canada is under attack!!
More specifically our farmers. We need, as people dependent on our farmers for our food, to get behind our farmers and support them for supporting us. So who is the aggressor? None other than the Biotech industry. Companies such as Monsanto, DuPont and Sagenta just to name a few. What these companies do is engineer genetically modified organisms or GMO’s as they are more commonly known as. These large global corporations band together and spend millions of dollars to lobby Government to pass laws that promote the use of their exclusive products. And so doing they regulate the farmer, forcing them to use only their engineered seeds by making it illegal for farmers to keep their own organic seed.
GMO/Biotech corporations feed us lies in saying their food is safe. Yet they have not done the necessary test independently to back up their claims. Numerous scientific reports are starting to surface suggesting the contrary is the truth.
Genetically modified (GM) crops are promoted on the basis of a range of far-reaching claims from the GM crop industry and its supporters. They say that GM crops:
- Are an extension of natural breeding and do not pose different risks from naturally bred crops
- Are safe to eat and can be more nutritious than naturally bred crops
- Are strictly regulated for safety
- Increase crop yields
- Reduce pesticide use
- Benefit farmers and make their lives easier
- Bring economic benefits
- Benefit the environment
- Can help solve problems caused by climate change
- Reduce energy use
- Will help feed the world.
However, a large and growing body of scientific and other authoritative evidence shows that these claims are not true. On the contrary, evidence presented in this report indicates that GM crops:
- Are laboratory-made, using technology that is totally different from natural breeding methods, and pose different risks from non-GM crops
- Can be toxic, allergenic or less nutritious than their natural counterparts
- Are not adequately regulated to ensure safety
- Do not increase yield potential
- Do not reduce pesticide use but increase it
- Create serious problems for farmers, including herbicide-tolerant “superweeds”, compromised soil quality, and increased disease susceptibility in crops
- Have mixed economic effects
- Harm soil quality, disrupt ecosystems, and reduce biodiversity
- Do not offer effective solutions to climate change
- Are as energy-hungry as any other chemically-farmed crops
- Cannot solve the problem of world hunger but distract from its real causes – poverty, lack of access to food and, increasingly, lack of access to land to grow it on.
People are waking up the BS these companies promote as truths. More and more countries are banning the use of GMO seeds in their agri-industries. Countries like New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, France, Madrid, Switzerland, India and Thailand.
There are no proven reasons to support these crops, in fact the science is saying the exact opposite. These companies need to have Government legislation enacted because without they could not sell their products. I don’t know about you but if your product is so crappy that you need to have Government pass laws so you can be successful you should be allowed to die off just like any other bad idea that is launched in a free society. Isn’t that the whole idea of free enterprise and a capitalist society? To allow the right and just to survive and asinine to die off. Government position should be neutral and only enact laws and regulation that further enhance that mandate.
To find out more about this corrupt corporate agenda or how you can get involved in stopping it click the link below. There is so much more information inside.
The fundamental seed act:
Where to find out more and help:
United we all WIN!!